Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of December 15

Hey kids, how goes?

I know I've been missing over the past few weeks but sometimes that happens. Life just gets in the way. Trust me though, I've been listening to music and have been planning posts for you.

December is a month with many sad anniversaries for music fans. In previous Decembers we lost John Lennon, Frank Zappa, Zal Yanovsky, Joe Strummer and (in my opinion) the best female singer-songwriter I've ever heard, Kirsty MacColl. 

Kirsty was killed 20 years ago this month. The "Justice for Kirsty" Campaign was what inspired me to start this blog and the title is stolen from her great song of the same name, "What Do Pretty Girls Do?" This week I'm going to be posting some of my favourite Kirsty tunes.

As I usually share a cover on Tuesdays, I'm going to share a fantastic cover Kirsty did of the classic Smiths song, "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby" to start the week off.

Hope you enjoy it, stay safe folks xo

 If you're wondering why
All the love that you long for eludes you
And people are rude and cruel to you
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you why


No comments: