Tuesday, May 02, 2017

because it's Tuesday - week of May 2

I have never been a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen (I know, I know, don't throw stuff at me, it happens, not everyone can worship him).  The only song of his that I actually really really liked was "Hungry Heart" (I bought the 45 of that in 8th grade I think).

Thanks to the Columbia House Record and Tape Club, I probably have a copy of Born in the USA around somewhere although I know it's not a record I would have picked up under any other circumstances than as part of a Columbia House order!!

In recent years, I've found myself enjoying The River and Tunnel of Love more and more.  Many years ago, I remember hearing "tougher than the rest" for the first time, as a cover by Everything But The Girl.  I loved their version of it.  It's a great pop song.

Another pop group, one I love love love, Camera Obscura also covered it.  It's a sweet treatment, I'm sure that Bruce himself must approve.  I certainly do.

Enjoy xo


No comments: