Wednesday, November 11, 2009

just stuff

us health insurance reform
Am I the only one who thinks it's interesting that the grandfather of one of the "greatest American heroes" (Jack Bauer) is also the father of socialized health care in our lovely country? I was happy to see that the folks in Washington took one step closer to pulling their heads completely out of their asses on the weekend.

pretty puppies
We took the dogs to petsmart over the weekend for grooming. We've tried the groomer at our vet's (she's awesome but SUPER expensive) and a lady in our neighbourhood who has a salon in her home (less expensive but not entirely what we were after) and I have to say, I think petsmart is the best value for money around here. Both of the dogs look great and I like that the salon is in a fishbowl type of thing so you can see a lot of what the groomers are doing. We'll definitely go back.

lucky us
Last night, sort of by accident, we discovered an AMAZING new Thai/Cambodian restaurant in our neighbourhood. They also have Chinese stuff on the menu and given that it's across the street from a high school, I'm betting that they sell a lot of chicken balls at lunchtime. Everything we had was terrific and I can honestly say that it's the best of it's kind I've ever had in Kingston - feels really great to have found a local place that makes a yummy green mango salad!

good behavior
I took Monday off from work. Had an appointment in the morning and then some errands to do. I spent the afternoon alternatively spending time outside with the dogs and doing housework. The weather was gorgeous and I felt lucky to have chosen such an amazing day to be off. I was almost shocked this morning when I realized that I start my winter holidays in less than 5 weeks! yay!!

talking dogs
looking forward to seeing Up on the weekend. we picked up a copy last night and I'm super excited to see it, with the dogs, in the comfort of our living room.

No comments: