Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the face of grace


the face of grace
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I hate snot.

I hate that my nose is sore from blowing it too much.

I hate coughing.

I hate not being able to sleep because my nose won't stop running.

Fortunately, some of these symptoms have improved for me over the past 24 hours and I'm back at work today.

On Friday, I had a sore throat (one of my colleagues was sick last week) and on Saturday morning, I felt a full-blown cold coming on.

Instead of wallow in it, I got up, got dressed, took the dogs to the dog park with Mark and then did some errands. Following that, in an attempt to "sweat it out," I starting to clean up some bushes on our front lawn, trimming them, bagging the branches up, etc. We took a run to the composting centre and then did a couple of errands.

Sadly, I was feeling more like hammered shit and I was disappointed by it. On Sunday, I felt even worse but kept moving, I had stuff to do and thought that if I stopped, or slowed down, the cold would catch me. Overnight, it did just that but I needed to go into the office for at least part of the day on Monday. I dragged my sorry ass out of bed and got some stuff done at work. I took the afternoon off and yesterday too. Today I'm feeling much better although still have a cold. I re-learned the valuable lesson this week that I cannot take cold meds because they keep me wired and I can't sleep. When I can't sleep, I can't feel better. Last night, after two restless nights, I slept and can actually breathe a little bit today.

So hopefully, that's it for me. My autumn cold, out of the way nice and early. I'm hoping for a healthy fall / winter this year. I deserve it and so does my poor nose.

No comments: