Tuesday, July 21, 2009

toooosday


sammy
Originally uploaded by Julep67
How cute is Sam? Pretty cute huh?

Boy howdy but it feels like time has been speeding up lately. We've been busy for the past few weeks, getting ready for a big party we're having at our place next month, while we are on holidays. The idea is to get as much stuff done before our vacation actually starts as is humanly possible so we won't have to do much while we're off work.

Fortunately, the to do list is constantly shrinking and I've not had to add too much to it as we go along. I'd say that it is managed chaos but it's not actually chaotic which is nice. Mostly, we're trying to get the house sorted out.

It's sort of funny how much "extra" cleaning I'm doing as we get ready for the party. I'm doing the kind of stuff that normally only happens in the spring. Mark's been doing stellar stuff in the yard too. It looks great, really great, better I think than either of us imagined that it could look. We're enjoying it, a lot. The yard I mean, not so much the cleaning.

Funnily, one of the things I'm most excited about is our carpets. I've actually only arranged for the living room / hallway to get done but it should look great when it's done. It's something I've had on my "to do" list since we moved into the house. Remnants of doggie accidents have made it more urgent. It's going to be interesting to see how it turns out!

No comments: