Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - Eggs and Sausage

It occurred to me after I posted about my breakfast the other day, that I should have probably shared a favourite Tom Waits song with that post.  I did not think of it at the time so I'm sharing it for Way Back Wednesday.

"Nighthawks At The Diner" is probably my favourite Tom Waits album.  When we had our restaurant, we used to play it, in it's entirety, regularly.  For Way Back Wednesday, I'm going to share with you "Eggs And Sausage [In A Cadillac with Susan Michelson]."  Now, back in 1975, even in California, he probably wasn't singing about the vegetarian sausages I cooked on the weekend.  Most likely, they were pork breakfast links of some variety, his eggs were probably over easy (mine were scrambled).  

Thinking about "Nighthawks At The Diner" brought back some warm memories of our restaurant and all of the delicious breakfasts that came out of that kitchen.

Eggs and sausage and a side of toast
Coffee and a roll, hash browns over easy
Chili in a bowl with burgers and fries...

May there be some delicious, warm your bones breakfasts in your near future.  With the weather turning cold this week, chili in a bowl sounds pretty good.  I hope you enjoy this week's stroll down memory lane.  There really is no one better to take a stroll with than Tom Waits.  Enjoy xo


No comments: