Thursday, November 08, 2018

Cancon Thursday - Hunter St Blues

So, it's CanCon Thursday again.

This week I'm sharing a band with you who I only just heard of this week.  I checked out their bandcamp page (https://mayhemingways.bandcamp.com/) for a little listen.  I ended up quickly buying the 2 releases they had on the page.

I like their sound, a lot.  They describe themselves as fuzz-folk.  Whatever it is, my ears were enjoying it.  If you are going to be seeing Joel Plaskett this December, I think they are opening up for him again (they had supported Joel and his dad on their 2017 tour).  They are a couple of guys from just down the road in Peterborough making some excellent music. 

If you like to support Canadian talent, give this (Hunter Street Blues) a listen and then show them some love if they are in your neck of the woods this winter.  Also, you just have to love a video that features a cute puppy and duct tape.  enjoy kittens xo

No comments: