Monday, November 12, 2018

The Days of the Week - Groovy Tuesday

For last week's first installment of "the days of the week," I kicked it off with a Monday song, "Monday" by Wilco.

I sort of like where this is going so for week two, we're moving along to the second day of the week, Tuesday.   There are a lot of songs about Tuesday and I've picked one of my favourites to share this week:  "Groovy Tuesday" by the Smithereens.  Originally released in 1986, it still sounds fresh to me.  The Smithereens have such a fantastic sound, it's ageless.

For those of you who were too young to remember the Smithereens, their music is on all of the places you are probably listening to music.  They are worth checking out.  Their songwriter and lead singer, Pat DiNizio passed away last December but I hear that they are still playing.  The songs are too good not to be played live, I'm glad that they are keeping on. If you like power pop, you'll love the Smithereens.

So, to start off this Monday, I give you a Tuesday song, "Groovy Tuesday" (sorry there is no video but the audio is good!!).  enjoy xo


Woke up on a groovy Tuesday.
Even my hangover's fine.
Woke up on a groovy Tuesday.
Hung my mind out on the line.


No comments: