Friday, April 07, 2023

Finally Friday - Go All The Way

Go All The Way
While I get that Good Friday is a day of somber observance for many christians, when you're a big 'ole heathen like me, it's a holiday, so, Happy Friday to those of you who are enjoying a long weekend! As a kid, I always dreaded attending church on Good Friday. The place was always packed to the rafters, and there were some things happening that I wasn't a big fan of. When I was finally old enough to stop going, it felt good to me to miss it.

So, for your Finally Friday tune, I'm sharing "Go All The Way" by the Raspberries. I love me some Raspberries. When I was a little girl, and I'd hear their songs on the radio, I had not yet heard the term "power pop" but I knew that I loved their sound and was always drawn to bands of their ilk.

"Go All The Way" was released in July 1972 (and it really is a perfect summer song) and got to the number 5 position on the Canadian RPM Top Singles chart. The risque lyrics (she's pretty obviously begging for sex) the song was banned by the BBC. When you think about some of the stuff that has been played on the radio in the years since, it's hilarious.

I hope you have a lovely long weekend, however, you celebrate this time of the year. xo

Baby, please, go all the way
It feels so right (feels so right)
Being with you here tonight
Please, go all the way
Just hold me close (hold me close)
Don't ever let me go (don't let me go)

No comments: