Thursday, April 20, 2023

Can Con Thursday - The Cheapest Key

Kathleen Edwards - The Cheapest Key
Today, April 20, is the birthday of my lovely grandfather, Lawrence Shanks. We lost him back in 1985 while my brother and I were still in high school. He lived with our family for the last few years of his life and I'll always be grateful for that extra time that we got to spend with him. I don't know if we realized at the time, what a gift it was to have him in our lives every day. I recognize it now and am thinking about him today. Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

My life is a little bit crazy right now, so this is the week's first post. On Tuesday, I felt particularly stressed and anxious, and I couldn't decide what to listen to.  I felt a bit like Goldilocks, some playlists were too bouncy, and others were too quiet. Finally, I realized what was "just right" for my state of mind and spent the entire workday listening to Kathleen Edwards.

Thank goodness for Kathleen Edwards! Her music soothed me on Tuesday. It did not, however, massage the giant knot out of my neck and shoulders, but it made my brain feel better than it had in a few days.

So, today, for Can Con Thursday, I'm going to share "The Cheapest Key." You can find it on her 2008 album, Asking For Flowers. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kathleen, for keeping me sane this week. F is also my favourite letter xo

They say the start's always the hardest part
But like you know, baby, I'm all warmed up
Sometimes I wanna shout your name out loud
And let them in on what you're all about

No comments: