Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of February 18

Well once again it's Tuesday (yes, I know that it feels like a Monday but it's actually Tuesday) so I'm sharing a cover with you today.

Today's cover song was written by one of my favourite songwriters, Tom Waits. He wrote the song for his wife, Kathleen Brennan (she was from New Jersey) and he released it in 1980 on his most excellent "Heartattack and Vine" album. Many folks think that this is actually a Bruce Springsteen song (his version is super popular and he is the king of New Jersey so you can see why it would happen).

It's a beautiful, tender song and the version I'm sharing with you today is absolutely lovely. So, without any further yakking by me, here it is today's song, Corinne Bailey Rae's version of the Tom Waits classic, "Jersey Girl." It was released last year on the "come on up to the house - women sing waits" compilation

You know she thrills me with all her charms
When I'm wrapped up in my baby's arms
My little girl gives me everything
I know that some day she'll wear my ring


No comments: