Tuesday, December 31, 2019

It's Almost 2020

At the beginning of 2019 I was really uncertain about how my year would go.

I spent the last few weeks of 2018 caring for my sweet sheltie Gracie. She passed away on January 2 so the start of the year, and the end of 2018 was quite sad for me.  I mean, you'd think I'd be use to sadness and loss, given that I'd dealt with the loss of Mark in 2015 and Sam in 2017.

Not quite half way through the year, something quite remarkable happened. I reconnected with a dear old friend and many things started to shift in my life. I'd first met this friend almost 30 years ago and we hadn't seen each other since the late 1990's. Because of email and social media, we'd always sort of stayed in touch. He was someone I'd always had a crush on but never told a soul. Apparently, he'd felt the same way about me and finally had the guts to tell me this year. Over the years, until the past couple of years anyway, we had never both been single at the same time so there wasn't much reason to confess our feelings I guess. He's the reason I made 3 trips to British Columbia this year. It's funny, we're both in our 50's now but inside, I still feel a bit like the indie rock girl I was back then, and he still feels a bit like the punk rock boy he was. Life is weird but you can find happiness at any age if you're open to it.

I'm looking forward to spending tonight with him, saying goodbye to 2019 (which turned out to be a very good year for me!) and welcoming in 2020. Finding a new love with an old friend is a wonderful thing kids.

Wishing you all the best things for the New Year, health, happiness and so much fun xo

Don't let go of my hand
Now darkness has gone
This will be our year
Took a long time to come


No comments: