Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of May 21

Because I pay attention to the news, I was aware that Morrissey had been releasing some new stuff recently.  I didn't really go out of my way (for no particular reason) to check it out.  Imagine my surprise the other day when I stumbled upon today's cover song...
Laura Nyro

That's right kids, because it's Tuesday I'm sharing a cover with you.

Morrissey, with a little help from his friend Billie Joe Armstrong, have covered the Laura Nyro classic, "Wedding Bell Blues." The song was released last month on the 22nd anniversary of Laura Nyro's death.

It's incredibly sad to me that she's been gone so long but boy, what that gigantic box of music gifts she left us was remarkable.  This particular song was made popular by the Fifth Dimension when they released it in 1969 but I've always preferred the original version.  This Morrissey version is lovely though.  With age, his voice has changed but I like it.  He's done a sweet and lovely version of "Wedding Bell Blues." I hope you enjoy it.

Happy Tuesday kiddos xo


No comments: