Monday, January 05, 2009

where's my nap?


nye wrestlemania
Originally uploaded by Julep67
The world outside my window this morning looked a lot like a skating rink. Getting to work was slow but safe, walking from the car to the door of my office was probably the most dangerous part of the journey. I was happy to get inside without falling.

Right now, the sun is shining and the sidewalk looks dry. This is good. I hate ice. Hate. I feel sick to my stomach whenever freezing rain is in the forecast.

The weekend was nice. We went out for a beautiful sushi dinner on Saturday night, yesterday we watched some movies: The Wrestler and Slumdog Millionaire. Quick reviews: Mickey Rourke is amazing, the Wrestler is okay. He's the best part of the movie, in my opinion anyway. Slumdog Millionaire is easily the best movie I've seen in a very long time. Period.

We're all of us moving a little slower than we'd like to be moving in our office. I think it's that 2 week break, you have to stop and think about stuff before you do it. Stuff that normally you just do, without thinking. It's weird but it'll be all back to normal tomorrow I'm sure.

Please don't be alarmed if, at some point later today, you hear feet stamping and me whining about wanting a nap. I think one of the things I liked best about my holidays was the napping. I'll miss the napping, in a big way.

No comments: