Sunday, October 12, 2008

long weekend


living room lamp
Originally uploaded by Julep67
We're enjoying a long weekend here in Canada this weekend. It's Thanksgiving tomorrow. We're going to be celebrating later today with my parents. It'll be the first time in a couple of days that I've been out of the house actually.

I took Friday off as a lieu day for working the other weekend and I just hung out around the house with Sam and did very little. Yesterday, Mark was home with us and while we had a long list of things we wanted to get to (continuation of winterizing the yard) it didn't happen. We just vegged out, watched TV and did very little.

Honestly, this cold we've both got is just hanging on and on. This morning I've been coughing almost non-stop. I say almost because I haven't coughed in about 30 minutes now and I'm trying not to talk because I'm afraid if I do talk, I'll start coughing again. Two weeks now we've been sick. I'm actually sick of complaining about it if you can imagine.

Hopefully, getting out into the sunshine and wandering further than the back yard will perk us up a bit.

No comments: