Friday, December 28, 2007

candy cane cookies


candy cane cookies
Originally uploaded by Julep67
Having a cold and not having to to work when you have a cold can get your scheduled turned around.

Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night, wide awake, and couldn't get back to sleep for an hour or so. By the time I did get to sleep, the alarm was going off and I got up with Mark. After he left for work, I felt really groggy. Even though I was having coffee, I couldn't get warm and couldn't wake up.

The smart thing to do, I thought, was to go back to bed. I did and I slept for a couple of hours and felt much better for it. Mark ran into some trouble with the cab and ended up being off this afternoon while it was in the shop. He took me out for lunch and it was the first time I'd been further than the end of our driveway since Christmas Day.

We wandered around a few stores to people watch and see what the bargains were. After a couple of hours, I could barely keep up with the crowds so we went home. I think I'm going to be another day or so before I'm back to normal. It was nice to get out earlier but right now, I'm really ready for my bed again.

No comments: