Sunday, September 02, 2007

sleep is my friend

We left the wedding last night at around 10:30 p.m. The speeches were just over and the slideshow (which I worked on and would have liked to have seen) had just started.

The reason we left so early was simple, we needed to be back up at 4:15 a.m. this morning. Yeah, 4:15 a.m. We had offered to take the newlyweds to the airport so that they could go on their last-minute honeymoon. It made sense to offer, Mark's a driver, he knows Toronto better than he knows Kingston and oh yeah, we don't drink so we were the only folks at the wedding who weren't either going to be hung over or still drunk this morning.

The bride & groom were still tipsy when we picked them up at 5 a.m. They slept all the way to Toronto. I felt bad waking them but we had to. They are en route to somewhere sunny and we are en route to bed.

I cannot recall the last time I was this tired. Honestly though, we had a great day in Toronto, it felt good to help them out (this is a girl who I have known for 20 years - since she was 3 - and who I love so...). I'll feel better about it later though, for the moment, I need a nap, in a big huge way.

No comments: