Sunday, January 01, 2006

...it's only just begun

This afternoon I was thinking, well, it's all over for another year. By "it's" I was referring to the holiday season. Of course, moments later I thought, "hey, it's just beginning." "It's" was now referring to this shiny new year we've got.

Funny thing is that I always think of September as the new year. When classes start up again, things get really crazy at work and it feels like a new start for me. Today just felt like a particularly lazy Sunday.

We didn't quite make it to midnight last night and this morning, I was up at 6 a.m. I didn't have to get up but I did. I wandered around the house, fed the fish, peered out the window to gaze upon our dark and silent neighbourhood. I mused to myself that I was probably the only person up on the whole street. Eventually, I went back to bed and slept until 10:30 a.m.

Mark made us an amazing breakfast, scrambled eggs with goat cheese (yum) and a side of sauteed portabello mushrooms. It was totally amazingly delicious and was served with freshly ground organic coffee and multi-grain toast. Ahhh, life is good.

This afternoon, continuing along the lazy theme, I showered, did my nails and watched a marathon of "America's Next Top Model - Cycle 5." It was mind-numbing and mildly amusing. I still have two more days of vacation left before I return to work. Lucky for me, the only thing I really need to do before I go back to the office is a couple of loads of laundry. It's a nice feeling. I'm not making any official resolutions this year but I do hope to spend more time doing nice things for myself this year. Doing my nails this afternoon was just a tiny step in that direction. Not sure what the ANTM marathon was about but sometimes, things don't have to be about anything in particular!

No comments: