Monday, January 03, 2005

back at it

It's a new week, the first week of the new year. Things are pretty much still in chaos here at work. Our offices have been painted and carpeted. They look really nice. Sadly, they are missing furniture. Right now, we're still working in the big boardroom but it's really difficult to get anything done. I am having a difficult time concentrating. Part of me is distracted because Joe and Mark are at home right now, not feeling very good. The other part of me is distracted by working in such close proximity to five other people. It's just a little weird and difficult to get used to. We may be like this for the biggest chunk of this week so I had better start adjusting I think.

Anyway, in keeping with my plan to not get too stressed or bothered about stuff I can't control, I am working at not letting it bug me. I'm keeping in perspective that I'm alive and healthy and have a very comfy home. Given how high the death toll has risen to in Asia, I'm feeling pretty lucky right now, all things considered.

One thing that made me smile today: Mark getting a prescription for painkillers and a referral for an xray. He's in a huge amount of pain with his knee right now and I can't stand seeing him suffer like he is. Hopefully he'll be feeling better sharpish.

No comments: