Tuesday, September 16, 2003

On this Journey of a lifetime...Decisions made....

And finally, they made a decision, Ryan's our Canadian Idol!!

Congrats Ryan!!

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. For those of you unfamiliar with Kingston culture, Shakers is a strip club. Even they supported Ryan. I can not remember a time when our whole community came together on the same side of something. Ryan's being in this Canadian Idol thing has really brought folks together.

I still can't believe that I was addicted to a singing contest program all summer but, there you go. I must say that it was in large part because Ryan's from home "subdivision" of Amherstview. Also, I liked him from the beginning and thought he was, overall, the strongest contender. It's nice to see a boy from a small town do so well. Way to go Ryan!!

I have to be honest about something though. My absolute favourite part of the whole thing was the "bad" singers show, the best of the worst it was called. I love that "Journey" song that the girl from Cape Breton wrote and every night, when I get home from work, stressed out and grumpy, I throw the tape in and watch those bad singers singing her bad song. It gives me hope and it makes me laugh... "Canada...can you sees me...as your Canadian Idol."

No comments: